Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Social Portfolio

Issue 1: Liberal Thinkers

Issue 2: Team Resistance Project

Issue 3: Liberal Experiences in Canada

Key Concepts:

Principles of Liberalism Comparison
Vocabulary:
Vocabulary

Summative Assignments:

I think that the diploma style quizzes that we wrote throughout the course of the year helped greatly in giving my the necessary skills needed to do well on the upcoming social diploma exam. I did quite well on both exams with marks well over 80% each time, this being said I feel that it was the 20% that I got wrong that will help me when writing the diploma. Things such as the need to gain an increased knowledge of the political spectrum as well as different forms of politics throughout history were pointed out to me, and thanks to this I will now be able to better prepare for my final diploma in this course.

Writing Assignments:
Source Analysis #1
On our first source analysis for the year, I feel that I did not fully grasp what was expected of me , or how to prepare for an assignment of this nature. This was evident in the mark as well as the feedback that I received. I now know that I should have put in more time in order to prepare for the assignment as well as gain a better understanding of the topics being studied within the sources.

Source Analysis #2
As disappointed as I was with my mark on the position paper at the time, I know realize that it was necessary for me to receive, this feedback so I could gain a better understanding of how to analyze sources. I also became aware that I needed more examples for some of my supporting ideas. That being said, my mark as well as my understanding of the concepts necessary greatly improved from the first assignment that I wrote. This was due to the fact that I had an idea of what to expect and how to prepare in a more productive way.



Showcase Assignments:
Dulce et decorum est Visual

Berlin Blockade and Airlift

Bibliography:
Bibliography 1
Visual, Oral or Technological Presentation:
Evolution of Liberalism

No comments:

Post a Comment